Friday 9 October 2009

FEI Week 5; Bye Week Edition

Best thing about a bye week: well, nothing really. Particularly coming off an embarrassing loss. At least we have time to perfect our nearly-perfect offensive execution. So, any early thoughts on how we look come gametime next Saturday? I'm thinking it could either be much worse on offense or about the same, depending on whether the coaches completely lose the players. My guess is Swinney pulls off his best motivational effort yet: instead of getting much worse, we simply remain mediocre. But I'm the realist side of the blog, see ClemBen's post below if you want a sunnier take on the situation.

Anyways, FEI is out. If you're wondering why I'm interested in this ranking system, see my initial post here. Clemson tumbles yet again, this time from #14 to #22. Maryland rose all of three notches, from #90 to #87. I'm not sure I'm understanding the logic here. The ACC lands two top five teams, VT and Miami at #3 and #4, respectively. Actually, the Coastal Division is actually looking pretty respectable. Unfortunately for us, here's a SAT-style analogy that about sums things up: Coastal Division:American League :: Atlantic Division:National League.

Ken Massey has us dropping all the way down from #29 to #44. I'd say that's about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about all Clemson Tiger University sports--football, basketball, baseball, along with the occasional South Carolina coot bashing.