Friday 30 October 2009

Coastal Carolina "Preview"

Coastal Carolina vs. Clemson, October 31st (hey, that's Halloween!), 1:30pm, Death Valley

Tigermax: "Preview" is probably a bit strong, since I know little about Coastal Carolina and care even less. Truth be told, I've been dreading having to write this preview for several weeks now, 'cause I really don't care that much. Don't get me wrong, should be fun to watch a game without crushing pressure riding on every snap and to look for our marquee players to break big plays. But let's face it, anything short of a route with the second team in by the end of the first half will be a shock.

I will say that I like how this year's schedule has turned out. Scheduling an easy first game against a lowly-regarded Division I team and saving your Division II team for the second half of the season has worked out well this year--seems like the way to go whenever possible. I realize you only have so much control over the schedule, but it would be nice to see this again. Its almost like having a second bye right in the middle of the ACC season--we get to rest banged-up players like Palmer and give other players like Cooper a chance to shake off the rust.

Clemben:

Yeah, Coastal is not especially great this year, I saw them once and we have nothing in the least to fear. So rather than waste everyone's time writing much, let me just say that I think this is like an oasis in the desert. That was a hard hitting game for Clemson against Miami, and we didnt back down so its good to get some rest and since we have played in so many close games we can finally let some players get a lot more reps.

I'm thinking specifically about the CB's for next year and Wr's. We have Maxwell and Gilchrist but I really think he fits and plays well at the FS and if McDaniel jets to the NFL(please no!!!! He is already a projected 2nd rounder), we want Brewer or Sensabaugh to step up. They havent played bad but badly need some more experience. I am not a fan of truefrosh CB's starting, got to adjust to the speed of the game. Plus we need to get some of these receivers a little confidence going forward. They have so much pressure that a few catches could go along way to helping them establish themselves. Other than that--pad CJ's Heisman stats and then get all the starters the break they deserve. Also want to see what some of the young LB's can do--Hawkins, Willard, Rollins, and let Cooper readjust. Should be a fun, colorful game....

Go CJ!! Go Heisman Buzz....

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about all Clemson Tiger University sports--football, basketball, baseball, along with the occasional South Carolina coot bashing.