Wednesday 18 March 2009

The Tigers Come to Kansas City

Being a Tigers fan living in Kansas City has its distinct disadvantages. Foremost among them is the fact that you are nowhere near anywhere the Tigers play. Once in a great while the sports gods shine favor in your direction and send the team right to you. This is one of those times. The team has been sent right to my Kansas City to play in the Sprint Center arena in round one of the tournament, and yours truly has scored tickets (even though it is “sold out”) and will be at the game to take it all in. For all of you who are too far away from here to join, I understand your loneliness.

Of more importance to most is information on how the team is doing here. I am sure you are all aware of the official team video diary and reporting on the trip here in Kansas City. What isn’t well known is that Clemson held their private, closed practice today in the Associate Gym on the Cerner Corporation campus. The sports gods must really be pleased with me because I just so happen to work for Cerner. I was able to observe the team from outside the court, through the glass today. My overall impression of them today is that they look to be relaxed. I watched as they worked plays, ran sprints, stretched, and loosened up after their travels here yesterday. They looked to be upbeat and not visibly stressed about tomorrow’s game. Coach Purnell and his staff were observing, but not pushing the team very hard today. This was undoubtedly more of a warm-up practice to get loose and ready for the public practice they had this afternoon in the Sprint Center.

Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me today (I wasn’t expecting them to be at my work). They will be back tomorrow for another practice, and I hope to get a few shots of the team. I will provide as many pics as I can during tomorrow night’s game as we power through Michigan for a victory


GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about all Clemson Tiger University sports--football, basketball, baseball, along with the occasional South Carolina coot bashing.